The folks hawking something called Miracle Mineral Solution would have you believe it’s a cure for cancer. Or HIV. Or autism. Unfortunately, a lot of consumers seem to be buying it and using it to their own detriment—so many, in fact, that the Food and Drug Administration felt compelled to issue a strong warning that anyone who is drinking the supposed “miracle” cure should stop immediately or risk severe vomiting, severe diarrhea, life-threatening low blood pressure brought about by dehydration, and acute liver failure. An unspecified number of consumers have already experienced those effects. The danger lies in the fact that when a consumer mixes the solution with citric acid (such as lemon or lime juice) as directed by the product’s instructions, according to the FDA, “the mixture becomes chlorine dioxide, a powerful bleaching agent.” If you see patients with any of the symptoms specified without another explanation, ask if they’ve consumed Miracle Mineral Solution; if so, tell them to stop immediately. The full text of the FDA warning is available here.

FDA: Tell Patients to Stop Drinking Miracle Mineral Solution—It’s Basically Bleach
Share this !