A 42-year-old woman with a history of anxiety presents, complaining of intermittent palpitations over the past 2 weeks. She says she has not taken any medication and denies chest pain, shortness of breath, diaphoresis, fever, or dizziness.
Upon exam, you find:
- General: Alert and oriented X 3
- Lungs: Clear to auscultation bilaterally
- Cardiovascular: Regular and tachycardic without murmur, rub, or gallop
- Abdomen: Soft and nontender without rigidity, rebound, or guarding
- Extremities: No pain or swelling, pulses are 2+ and equal in all 4 extremities